Since I tried UDS I cannot recommend any other VDI system because the product made by Virtualcable has everything I always looked for in a VDI broker.
- Multiplatform for:
- Linux and Windows virtual desktop management and deployment
- Application virtualization
- Desktop services consolidation
- Multi-hypervisor: Do you have several platforms with different hypervisors? Do you want to use them at the same time to deploy different desktops? With UDS you can use Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, RHEV KVM, oVirt KVM, VMware vSphere,Windows Server RDS, OpenGnSys, OpenStack, OpenNebula, VCloud director ...It will continue to grow for sure because they do not stop, for my part I would miss Proxmox, but time to time.
- Multi-Protocol: HTML5, NX, RDP, RemoteFX, SPICE, Teradici PCoIP*, XRDP, X2GO... with redirection for audio, video, usb, printers, smartcards...Anyone give more?
- Multi-authenticator: Active Directory, eDirectory, LDAP, SAML, Internal Authentication System, Device Authentication System, IP, MAC, Hostname.
- Secured WAN access.
- 2 level desktop cache system.
- Fixed and dynamic desktops.
- Programming to create or destroy desktops.
- Free license for 10 desktops.
- Open source
UDS is marketed in subscription mode can take a look at their website and download the Free version for life up to 10 users, I assure you that you will be fascinated.
I also have the pleasure of knowing this great team and like their product they are BRUTAL.